STARDRAKE: "THE DEMON SLAYER»




Story started with a birthday present. OMG! It is huuuge! Amazingly detailed, it is gonna be something like Sistine Chapel but, here I am...
First of all, I remove the reliefs on shields and armours, cause I want to draw my own freehands, giving more value to the figure.



Sencodly, I make an easyhonor conversion using Milliput, just to add a new position to the leg ( I find the original design quite unnatural).



Lets go to the base now, I imagine the dragon hunting khorne demons on a volcanic field. I use some cork which imitate castle ruins, surrounded by lava.

Lava cracks using milliput, sand and glue.

Let´s try something new: lava splashes! 
Surfing on the internet I found a great and original tutorial by chest of colors

By putting together some plastic pieces, white glue and «Water effects», I got something like dynamic lava.


First painting giving lights and shadows, again I use a lateral illumination pattern and OSL comming from the lava.



Freehands are not easy at all, but I used GW original workarts as a references for drawing on the armour.
The good against the devil!




Everything can be source of inspiration, this time my Sciences teacher book looks like a great lava. I copy the idea and I use blue against its complementary: orange.
I create a more illuminated side by using more saturated tones and a greenesh pattern on the head.















Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Nurgle fly + 40k Chaos chosen: «NURGLED»

MV CHALLENGE 2018 "Would you be my friend?"