Nurgle fly + 40k Chaos chosen: «NURGLED»



Models: "Plague drone of Nurgle"&"Chaos space marine: Chosen"
Company: Games workshop

"Story behind the scene": Some time ago I got the drone of Nurgle, a quite amazing miniature which I had painted in a really bad way. I wanted to paint a rider, a dark and evil one, but I didn´t like very much the plague bearer. So I was looking for a mini who could ride my monster instead of the plague bearer, and I found the Chaos Chosen. It would be my first conversion.



Then, I found some inspiration surfing on the internet, when I first discovered Karol Rudyk´s art. The way he gets extraordinary riders and monsters hipnotized me. He usually paints monsters using desaturated colors and red-green-brown tones, which would suit very well this project.


This Chaos space marine could ride a monster very well, but the cloak and legs where not in the best position, so I cut both. When you first do it you feel how something broke inside yourself...



Some pieces of putty later... and there it is, not so bad at all:


I also sculpted a new cloak and a saddle:



Starting sketching in grey tones:



Choosing tones: I followed the basic Nurgle pattern of green+reddish tones, looking for great saturation and contrast. For the Space marine I chose the black+gold armour scheme:




Adding some oranges weathering effects on the insect:




Base: I used cork+plastic pieces in order to create a dirty puddle in the middle, sculpting some nasty worms:





Special effects: Finally I added some reddish glue and still water on the base. With great effort (but no desirable results) I also sculpted a basic banner. 
Hope you like the final picture of it. Comments are welcome!










Comments

  1. Stumbled upon this while researching a Nurgle project. This is amazing work, friend. Wow. I love the direction you went with this. Thank you, for the inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much!! It is always a pleasure to be useful for somebody else. Regards

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

STARDRAKE: "THE DEMON SLAYER»

MV CHALLENGE 2018 "Would you be my friend?"